Day 157 - Shopping? & Day 158 - Tim Burton Exhibition


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
July 17th 2010
Published: July 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 157

We had breakfast at a place over the water in the Docklands, it was very yummy. Then we went shopping to Bridge Rd which is where all the outlet shopping is... I bought a chai latte and we wasted 3 hours. Then we went back to Costco and bought everything we wanted, like our new GPS so we can find our way around. We did some shopping in Harbour Town and I got some new clothes (2 sweaters, a top and a dress for $40!).

We went across the river from Federation square for dinner and I had a great apple salad and Ryan had spaghetti bolognaise.

Day 158

We waited in line for about the same amount of time that we spent in the Tim Burton Exhibition, ½ hour. What was there was pretty cool, the batmobile, Alice’s dresses, Jack from A Nightmare Before Christmas... but it was so hot and so over crowed that you couldn’t get close to anything to read the tiny little plaques explaining items. It was cool and fun but not well organised and not worth $20 for such a brief experience. The highlight was a free gallery of Polaroids that Tim Burton had taken and a science world type area all about TV and moving images.

Then we did some more shopping and wandered around the streets of Melbourne. We went to a Lindt Chocolate Café for lunch... or dessert I guess and had a chocolate waffle with chocolate ice cream on top covered in chocolate sauce... we wanted to throw up after but it was really good! That night we went back to Lygon Street for more Italian food. Unfortunately it started to rain once we got off the tram and then Ryan’s umbrella broke so we were soaked by the time we got to the 1st restaurant on the street so that is where we went for dinner, luckily it was pretty good. Then freezing we went back to the hotel in the rain.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb