Day 155 - Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
July 16th 2010
Published: July 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

What idiots thought that a 6am flight to Melbourne was a good idea? With no sleep we left the house at 4am and drove to the Newcastle Airport. We went through security and then watched as people put there drinks in drink trays and sent them through the screening at security! Here we are with our 100ml bottles in 1L bags going through and people are bringing coffee? Crazy! So we got to Melbourne, took the Skybus to Southern Cross Station and stopped at a coffee place for breakfast on the way to our hotel. Shockingly they didn’t have a room for us at 8am on a Sunday! So we left our bags with them and walked down to the Docklands. We wandered around shops that weren’t open yet in the Harbour Town shopping centre. We saw the “lantern festival” which was just a bunch of store bought matching lanterns strung up between stores. I thought it would be like the lantern festivals back home where people make crazy lanterns and they are all different. Then we sat on a cold bench and wished our hotel had a room. We went to Costco (the only one in Australia) just before it opened and watched a large crown of people, 100-150 of them line up to get in! We wandered around and made a list of what we would buy when we came back, RED VINES!!!! 5.5 LBS!!!! Then we had Costco pizza and hot dogs. I really miss the food from back home.

Then back to our hotel for a nap! After a few hours of sleep we went back to the Docklands for dinner at an Italian place and were back in bed by 8:30.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb