3 Weeks until take-off!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Zoo
September 17th 2006
Published: September 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, only 3 weeks to go until we jetset overseas and that means only 3 weeks of work left and counting.

We now have our passports, UK visa's, paid for our flights in full and now grasp them in our hands. Everything is done now, except for the packing and sad farewells.

The next 3 weeks are now filled with many social commitments. Nathan (Brian's nephew) suggested a family day at the Melbourne Zoo. So Lauran and I, Mum and Dad, Scott, Tania, Bradley, Nathan and Katelyn all enjoyed an outing at the ZOO.

The best day was chosen, as the temperature was a fantastic 22 degrees, not bad for the first month of spring!

Lining up for the tickets I was devastated to read that the orang-utans weren't on display, but at the same time pleased to see that they had finally been relocated to their new enclosure. It's great to see the time and effort that has gone into improving the conditions of the animals environments. For example the Elephants have gone from one concrete enclosure to the Elephant Trail (appoximately 6 separate areas in which they can be moved to, all consisting of lots of grass, trees and water) much more stimulating than a concrete slab!!!
We'll have to go back once we return home to check out the orang-utans new home. For the kids of course!!!


Take a look at some of the photos from the day.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



23rd September 2006

Wow, How exciting!!
Hi guys, what great news for you both!! I hope you have a great time and will catch up with you for sure when you get back!! Mel www.melnunn.typepad.com

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb