Melbourne to NEW ZEALAND BABY!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
August 17th 2008
Published: August 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Oh No! Bye Bye Australia!Oh No! Bye Bye Australia!Oh No! Bye Bye Australia!

Us with sad faces....

17th August 2008 - A Lusty Love Affair with Long Johns



We all woke up with a bit of a hangover this morning. Poor Suze felt the worst but still kindly offered to take me and Amy to a shopping mall so we could get some thermals for NZ. We ended up finding some really cheap ones in the Oz equivalent of a pound shop - I bought some gloves, a grey thermal top and some long johns and Amy bought a woolly hat, gloves and long johns.

By the time we got back from shopping we were due to meet Eli to arrange our campervan for the North Island of New Zealand so we said a sad goodbye to Suze! Was lovely to see you again Suze. Thanks for taking us out to some very cool places!

At about 3pm we were picked up from our hostel by the airport shuttle. Amy had been downloading photos from the memory sticks onto Picassa (a web based photo albumn) when the bus came and shortly into the journey I asked if she wanted to put the memory stick back into my bag....she looked at me in horror
Why we love long johns...Why we love long johns...Why we love long johns...

their soft and warm, you can wear them under jeans...you can wear them under skirts....
- she'd left the stick with ALL our photos on in the PC at the hostel....we'd had the same bus driver when we arrived and he seamed pretty moody and everyone had flights to catch so I didnt like Amy's chances of getting him to go back to the hostel - but Amy being Amy and extra specially lucky all the time, he did! So thank you Mr Bus Driver! You are a star!

Our flight to New Zealand was quick and painless. It took us 3 hours to get to Christchurch (South Island, New Zealand). It was 11pm when we got there so pretty dark - the airport shuttle driver was very friendly. Already I feel like I'm in England again, its raining, its cold...

We checked into Bealeys Hotel where we join our Contiki trip of the South Island tomorow morning. We were too excited to sleep though. Being in a hotel with heating and soft beds and a bath and tea and coffee making facilities made us giddy! We decided to muck around and take photos of ourselves in our long johns and ended up going to bed at about 3am!

Lucy x
Why we love long johns....Why we love long johns....Why we love long johns....

...you can wear them as pyjama bottoms...




Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb