Melbourne - DAY TWO


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
August 11th 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

*SINGS - Neighbours...everybody needs good neighbours....*



Today we got the tram into town and got off at Federation Square. We popped into the Information Centre there and were recommended the free City Tram to give us a feel for Melbourne City and also to try out The Lanes walk.

We did the lanes walk first as we wanted to get some lunch and apparently there are plenty of lovely places to have lunch on the walk! I'm so glad we did the walk as it helps you get to know the real Melbourne. The lanes reminded us of Brighton. There were lots of great little second-hand shops and boutiques not to mention some amazing glitzy tearooms and cafes. All the food was so fresh and everything was beautifully presented - it was very hard to decide where to have lunch! I love all the vintage shops! They have some fantastic clothes and bags and I'm really resenting my tiny backpack right now! 😞 The other great thing about The Lanes is the graffetti, it's brilliant and some of it forms part of a large art project. After The Lanes we got the City Tram around the outskirts of the city. Was nice to get a good overview.

In the evening we got ourselves dressed up for the popular Neighbours Night in St Kilda at The Elephant and Wheelbarrow pub. We are guaranteed to meet 4 Neighbours stars from the past and present!

When we got there we got a free drink and put into teams for a quiz. We were on a table with 3 other girls, one from England and 2 from Oz, they were related and had been drinking under the table from a large bottle of rum they had brought along! After about 2 hours of building the tension the stars came out, they were: Michelle Scully, Malcolm Kennedy, Riley (!), and Dr Karl Kennedy! I knew all except for Riley which we found out is Bridgits brother!! Huh!! Everyone was lovely and very happy to meet us. They all came round the tables and we got photos and autographs! I even got a kiss on the cheek from Karl!

After the stars left (all except for Karl), there were lots of competions to win money and travel vouchers and then Karl's band 'The Waiting Room' played. They were OK! But they did a lot of covers - thankfully! The only song with original lyrics that they did was about a Neighbours story line!! And it was to the tune of 'Who the f*** is Alice'!! 😊 Was a great cheesy night and I think everyone there loved it!

Lucy x






Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Giant Chandelier!Giant Chandelier!
Giant Chandelier!

Just suspended between two buildings on the second floor of a street! It looked amazing!
More Graffetti....More Graffetti....
More Graffetti....

...part of the art project
Lucy and Dr K!Lucy and Dr K!
Lucy and Dr K!

I still can't believe I've met him!
Amy and Michelle ScullyAmy and Michelle Scully
Amy and Michelle Scully

Doesnt she look grown up!
Lucy and Amy with Riley!Lucy and Amy with Riley!
Lucy and Amy with Riley!

Who the f*** is Riley!
Me and AmyMe and Amy
Me and Amy

Dancing to Karl's band The Waiting Room! Boy am I glad I didnt buy their albumn...


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb