St Kilda


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
November 17th 2007
Published: December 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We had a bit of a lazy morning then walked into town in time to get ourselves some good seats to see the Myer (big department store) Christmas Parade. It was crazy, we were stood there in the blazing sun wearing shorts and vest tops, slapping on the sun tan lotion and watching Father Christmas rolling past with fake snow blasting out the back!! Crazy. It was really good actually, they had a couple of youth bands marching along and different dance groups, whied away a good hour at least. I can't believe it's only something stupid like 37 days til Christmas, it's going to be an odd one for me over here this year I think.

From the parade we went back to the hostel to make a picnic lunch before we went out to St. Kilda. On our way on the tram the skies clouded over adn rained, although ti had thankfully stopped by the time we got to the beach. We had a very quick look around town before we went and found a seat by the beach to have our lunch. Once we'd finished eating a guy came over to us and spent about 15 mins telling us about the dangers of St. Kilda!! We didn't stay on the beach for much longer after that. We had a mosey around town, peering into all the cake shop windows, they were awesome liek you wouldn't believe. A full glass window full of cakes with our noses pressed against it. With our waists in mind we prized ourselves away and continued on our wander! We got a bit sick in the end of the huge crowds and gave in and got to tram back into town as we had planned to stop at the Queen Victoria Market (a huge undercover market) before it finished. By the time we got there though everything was all packed up despite not closing for another 2 hours, very odd, so instead we got a smoothie and admired the christmas window displays in the dept store windows. By the timewe got back to the hostel we were regretting not picking up some cake so went on a mission on the main st near our hostel. It was mega chocka, and we soon found out why, as they'd closed off the top of the street for a fiesta, there were so many different food stalls selling alsorts of different South American Food it looked and smelled SO good, but there was no cake and we had a date with a packet of noodles to get back to!!

A good but quite random day!! xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.078s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb