Melbourne Zoo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Zoo
November 18th 2007
Published: December 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We're going to the zoo!! Woohoo!! You may be starting to wonder whether I'm starting to get a bit zoo crazy, and I think you may be right! We both felt that after the disppointment of Australia Zoo we needed to see a proper zoo. We haven't really had the best start to today, as we awoke to the sound of rain, when the weather forecast had promised a beautiful day! We got up and get ready anyway in the hope that it may clear, and hop skip and jumped down to get our promised pancakes, only to find that run out!! What kind of shabby operation is this?!! Ah well, free cornflakes and toast it was! Can't really be knocked.

We set off in our layers and macks and got on the tram. The brochure for the zoo said it was only 4 km from the city and gave a st addres but no directions! It took us ages of wandering around be bothered to bejiggery by th flies, so I arrived at the zoo in a very bad mood!! Bot a good start to the day. Thankfully the sun chose that point to come out and we started our bimble around the zoo. The day gradually got better and better, in the end the sun shone out with full force and there were so many animals it was awesome. It well and truely made up for Australia Zoo. We started off looking at the gorilla's and all the monkeys, then saw tigers, elephants, giraffes (very dear to my heart) , koalas and wombats (also extremely dear to my heart), we could even see into the wombats burrow and watch them laid on their backs snoring their heads off!! They had lions, lemurs, bears, and fairy penguins!! i think you'd all get bored if I carried on listing everything we saw, but take it from me their were loads!! We were very excited!! Unfortunately my camera has died and Amy's camera's battery was dead so we didn't really get any photos of the day!! Gutted.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb