Mountain Goat Brewery


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Richmond
February 15th 2012
Published: March 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

There is a local Brewery just around the corner from our flat, called Mountain Goat, where they have also set up a bar, and they offer free tours on a Wednesday, so we decided to go and check it out.

The bar isn’t signposted at all so it took us a few minutes to find the entrance! It is set up in a part of the warehouse which also houses the brewery quarters, they have built a bar and above it are their offices, all decorated to make it look as if it is built out of cartons. We enjoyed a couple of beers and a pizza in the bar before the tour which took us around their tanks where they brew all their beers.

We learnt a bit about the beer making process: the 4 ingredients of beer are water, yeast, wheat and hops and is moved across 4 tanks which each have a different purpose from mixing, filtering, heating and cooling. All their beer is brewed and bottled on the premises and is sold in all states of Australia, it is only exported to California at present but they’re growing fast and have plans to be exporting to several countries in a few years. They were very careful to ensure they are as environmentally friendly as possible as well and even offer a bonus to staff each time they get to and from work in a way that does not harm the environment i.e. walking or cycling.

It was a very hot day and the warehouse didn’t have any air conditioning so they had set up several industrial sized fans around the bar area which were definitely needed. After a couple more beers we headed back to the flat to enjoy the air conditioning!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb