Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Richmond
March 14th 2007
Published: March 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well what can I say I just luuurve Melbourne!! Great City, stayed in East Malvern for a few nights which was about 30 minutes from the city and then moved onto East Richmond for a few nights which was more central and only a few stops from the Central Business District which is where its all happening!

Went on a free tram around the city and also on a cruise along the river and caught some of the nightlife which was fantastic.

The highlight of my time here has to be the Formula 1 Grand Prix which was on the Sunday (18th), it was the final day and it has to be added to my best days list!

We got there early, about 8.30am to make the most of the day and had a wonder around. The track was around a great setting and you could see Melbourne Skyline, there was also lots to entertain you including some great cars on show.

The sound of the cars racing past is unbelievable, it almost blows you away quite literally and my best advice is take the earplugs that are on offer to you!

We hung around the celeb tent for abit (sad I know!) trying to catch a glimpse of any stars - namely Kelly Slater who I caught a quick glimpse of so thats my claim to fame!

In the evening we went for a few drinks in Federation Square where there are some trendy bars then went to the Casino which is apparantly the biggest in the Southern Hemisphere, had my wits about me though and spent $30 on Roulette and once it was gone I went home like a good girl!!

Decided whilst I was in Melbourne that I wanted to go it alone for abit and "find myself" as they call it!! I have always had the security of being with someone, which is great and I have had an amazing time but I feel I need to do this for myself. Only for abit anyway and then I will meet back up with the girles again in Cairns - bye H and Lisa see you very soon!

Now its back to Brisbane for me.......................................






Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



20th March 2007

Ra ra ra!!
Grand prix looks fantasic, well up are street! Girlies will be so jealous so i will print this off to show them all, Missing you lots and a bit worried that your going to be the lone traveller again so be safe and take care. Love your fav cous Lulu xx
20th March 2007

Hey H!
Sounds like you have been having a fab time, and now it's time for some 'you' time. You go girl! :o) Am sure you will have a wicked time in Bris! I can't wait to get there! Take care Love Aud xx
5th April 2007

my phone
hi hayley, are you still in Brisbane. I'm guessing you wont make it up to Cains before I leave on the 14th????? Just had hetic 5 days on magnetic island with guys from boat. and we're now in mission beach. gonna do skydive tomorrow i think. I lost my phone and can't get in contact with anyone..... miss you lady! cxxx

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb