Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Ramsay Street
May 4th 2011
Published: May 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Ramsey Street 70 secs
Yum ChaYum ChaYum Cha

yummy Chinese with Jo and Tracey
After a sad departure from Murray River Farm, we said our farewells to Debs and Padge and caught the early bus and Train to Melbourne, then onto Mount Martha to stay with Jo and Martin. At the bus stop we bought a massive Beesting to take to Jo’s and a couple of sausage rolls for breaky. Upon arrival Mollie and Lucy had made us both certificates of congratulations on our horse rides, bless them, it was well sweet. The next day we met Jo’s friend Tracey and the 4 of us went into Chinatown for some Chinese tucker and I bought the ingredients to make us Aloo Gobi which I had learnt from Sanjay, the Indian guy in Laos. It took me about 3 hours to do but it tasted really nice. On Saturday Jo and Martin took us to the Drive in Cinema and we watched Water for Elephants. Mary liked it more than me but it was great to actually go to the drive in. We spent the rest of our time their walking, eating cakes, chillin and mucking around with the kids.

We left Jo’s on the Tuesday and headed up to Melbourne. We spent the day cramming in loads of sights utilising the free transport there. We got loads done and were knackered so decided a few pots of Carlton was in order. One lead to many more and some vodka and we finally got to sleep at 2am.

Early morning rise to check out and make our way across town to meet Jenifer who we met at Padge and Debbie’s. She was taking us to see Ramsey Street and Mary was dead excited, although her head was up her arse with a monster hang over! When we arrived it was a bit of a shock because the actual street is tiny, but Mary got her pics outside the houses etc. After this Jen took us for a walk in the Dandenong Mountains and we went up a replica track of the Kokoda Trail in Papa New Guinea, it was much smaller but was a tribute to the ANZAC (Australia and New Zealand Armed Services) who fought the awful battle against the Japanese in WW2 and thankfully won. Jen took us here because she had walked the actual trail in Papa New Guinea over several days and she explained the significance of the battle.

Jen then had prepared a dinner of Homemade pumpkin soup, followed by roast lamb dinner and apple crumble for pudding to send us on our way. It was lovely. This took a bit longer than anticipated and we had to make a mad dash back into the city to catch the connecting bus to the airport. With literally seconds we made it and we were soon on a flight to Sydney where a night on the airport floor and an early morning flight to NZ awaited.

And so ends chapter 4, we have enjoyed Oz more than expected. We have seen some beautiful beaches, driven through amazing landscapes, met some weird and wonderful people and made a bunch of new friends. We will be back to ye ha with Padge, Debs and friends before long.



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Frotthy coffees..Frotthy coffees..
Frotthy coffees..

Jo had a right impulse and went and bought this coffee frother so we took full of advantage - thanks Jo!
Free tram..Free tram..
Free tram..

old trams go around the city loop for free it was a cool way to see the city
Me and Melbourne..Me and Melbourne..
Me and Melbourne..

Dim never lets me take the pics so it always looks like I'm on my hols alone!
Check out the fitness freak...Check out the fitness freak...
Check out the fitness freak...

I know we shouldn't but we couldn't help laugh at this guy!
Janes Street...Janes Street...
Janes Street...

well its been all of ours at some point!!
Dim you dirty devil..Dim you dirty devil..
Dim you dirty devil..

With Dame Edna at Melbourne docklands!


17th May 2011

Zoom.....
Noisy zoom there Damien lol, looks like you are having a fantastic time, keep up the good work on the blogs Mary!!!

Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb