Melbourne detox


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » North Melbourne
February 22nd 2007
Published: February 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

The days after Jervis bay were slightly less entertaining as we looked ahead to Melbourne. George being not quite as strong as Tom and I fell sick for a duration of around 3 days. However the party did not stop for the rest of the group, leaving george in his bed, Thomas and I set off to enjoy the wonders of sydney. We met up with Daniel Akenhead who gave us much needed nutrition at a barbeque with some of his gap year friends/colleagues. That night the three of us (some of dan's friends had fallen by the wayside due to over indulgence of intoxicating fluids) went and marvelled at the pleasantries of the famous King's cross.
The next day was very uneventful although the day after George roused himself from his sickly state, no longer feeling sorry for himself and made the brave solo journey to the sydney opera house. George returned, refreshed and we later hopped on the plane to Melbourne.
On arrival at Melbourne we were met by our hosts, John and Helen who instead of driving us straight back home, took us on a lap of the Melbourne Grand Prix track which was very surreal. Upon reaching their home helen prepared a veritable feast to nurture our wasted bodies.
The next morning we were roused at a very brisk 9am to drive to Arthur's Seat which offered amazing views of Melbourne's coast. Unfortunately the planned wine tasting trip could not go ahead so we turned back for home and spent the rest of the day on the beach and, feeling cultural we went to the Sidney Myer Music bowl to witness the Melbourne orchestra playing Beethoven's 7th symphony. lovely.
Feeling refreshed the next day we went for a barbeque and walk in the Dandenong Ranges before feeding tropical birds. George once again fell down with exhaustion and had to be left in his bed whilst the rest of us enjoyed the local beach. That night we ordered a much needed pizza and feasted, once again we must thank john and helen for their generous hospitality and we look forward to the city tomorrow.

Adios,

The Boys


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb