Day 35


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » City Centre
January 3rd 2016
Published: January 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day 35
We got up early and went to the airport to catch our flight to Melbourne! We took off and 10:30 ish and landed 11:40!
We were met by our transfer and taken to the hotel alto!
We checked in and took our stuff to the room then went in search of some lunch! We found Nandos round the corner and had one of their platters! - very nice!
We then went for a snoop round the outlet centre which is just on our doorstep! That was nice, nice shops nice looking yummy chocolatey food haha!
We then went for a walk into town and found China town so we knew where to go for dinner! We also discovered an outdoor cinema but we aren't sure if we will have time to go!
We then made our way back to the hotel to get ready for dinner!
On the way back out of the hotel we asked at reception if they could recommend anywhere in China town for dinner - short answer no not really! But she did tell us that the inner team line was free - bonus! We jumped on the tram and headed back in to town! We went back in to China town and had an initial look around at where we'd like to eat! We decided on 'The Dragon Boat' BEST DECISION EVER! The food was just fabulous the best Chinese I've ever had! (And I've had a lot!)
We decided on starters of spring rolls, seasame prawn toast and satay chicken, then we had Peking Duck! We were discussing if it would be the same arrangement as home - build your own, well we soon found out! A little lady in her authentic Chinese robe wheeled over a trolley with a burner and pancake bamboo stack! She then proceeded to make our pancakes for us... Using 2 spoons as tongs... She took the pancake out of the stacker onto a small plate - put a huge chunk of duck breast on the pancake (not shredded!) with just a slice of cucumber and a few small strips of spring onion then a teaspoon of hoisin sauce folded the pancake in half then the edges into the middle then served it to us! It was bizarre but completely amazing too!
We then had a mains of beef in black bean sauce and lemon chicken with steamed rice - all soooo delicious!
After our truly yummy dinner we went for a stroll round Melbourne! We saw St. Paul's Cathedral, federal square where they had a big screen up showing the tennis! Then flinders street station with a beautiful tiled wall! And watched the sun set over the river and eureke skydeck building! We carried on walking back to the tram stop and came back to the hotel for beddybize! (Sorry all pictures on camera)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb