Hubsters Birfdey


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 2nd 2016
Published: January 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Hubsters birthday!
Woke up about 7:30 and he opened his cards and prezzies!
We got up showered and went back down to Roys for a big brekky for the boy and a toasty for me!
We then went to explore the Victoria building and the national opals!
The Victoria building is home to the Swarovski Christmas tree which is 24m talk adorned by 144,000 crystals 60,000 lights and has a 2m crystal studded star at the top! And a base made of crystal strand and mirrors!
The installation of the tree takes 3 nights with a team of 72 technicians, engineers, lighting consultants and crystal makers from Australia and Austria.
We did a little bit of shopping too then made our way to the bridge so I could climb it! The hubster was a wimp and didn't want to! So he
mooched about town and also went to the pub!
The view from the top of the bridge was truly amazing! And the climb was nothing like as bad as I thought it would be - a definite if you ever go!
Alison our guide was telling is various things about the bridge!
There were only 16 casualties of the build of the bridge, which considering its size and lack of health and safety in the 1930's is quite low! The most memorable story was was of a chap who fell the whole 134m off the top and was knee height straight up in the mud under the water! Lovely!
We all had our pictures taken at various points on the way up and a group shot at the top!
Everything has to be clipped to your waking suit in case it flies off - the suits are super sexy!!
There was a huge cruise ship in the wharf - apparently it costs $170k to moor there plus X amount per tonne - so not cheap!!
After I finished the climb the boy met me and we went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner at the Westfield 360' revolving tower restaurant buffet that overlooks the whole city!
Had all sorts of food including some oriental! Dessert was choc ice cream, coconut chocolate slice, pavlova and a profiterole!
Quite spectacular!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb