Farewell to Oz


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » City Centre
September 8th 2006
Published: September 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update on our travels... Still in wet and rainy Melbourne, today, Friday, is our last day in Australia before we leave for NZ tomorrow. Been doing the tourist thing in Melbourne, but can't upload any pics... Did get the hotel to buy a new bed though which was good! The bed we had was so soft it was terrible on my back, so they went out and bought a brand new one! Great service! Hotel Tolarno in St Kilda, can highly recommend it to anyone coming out this way! There - advert over!

We did have a sunny day yesterday when we met up with Amelia for lunch and dinner! Amelia is 'working' in Melbourne for a few days, but we're sure she has retired!!!!! (Private joke there for when/if Amelia reads this!) Also went around the MCG on a tour - a very impressive stadium; can't help but think England will get beaten there in a few months during the Ashes! Oh well! Also went up to the observation deck (54 floors up) for some good views of the city - picked the best day, as the other 2 days the top has been covered by clouds!

Sam - Thanks for your note - Sorry we missed you, would have been great to meet up with you here! We will definitely come and see you in NZ!

Time is running out, so we will sign off and say goodbye from Oz; other than my back it has been a good 3 weeks and we have enjoyed the country and it's people! Many thanks again to Rich and Amelia for their hospitality !

Advertisement



11th September 2006

retirement
hi guys, just got home after a game of bowls and lunch with the girls. Who told you i had a job...!?? Have fun in NZ!
12th September 2006

Just got back!
Hello you two!! We just got back from Cancun (yes we are sporting great tans), and have enjoyed catching up on your travels! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!!! Sorry we missed that!! Sounds like you had a great time. Sure hope your back gets better soon! You will be happy to here that the weather is cooling down... should only be about 99 degrees when you arrive!! LOL! :o) Ginnie we will have to start a "girls night out" routine, when you arrive (I would hate for you to have to break routine)!!! Safe journeys you two!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb