Photos from Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
September 12th 2006
Published: September 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sorry its taken so long to get these photos up. We have been having a lovely time here in Roturua, NZ, but more on that on a separate entry.

First must tell you more about Melbourne. As our previous entries said its was wet (one picture proves it!), windy and at times sunny and quite warm.

The city is a mixture of lots of new high rise buildings and in between some of these you find some very beautiful old ones. On our last day we decided to walk the golden mile (which in reality was 3 miles!!!) This walk took us through most of the city and pointed out building and areas of interest. It was a great way to see the city and learn a bit more about it. Lots of places are named after english men who started the settlements or governed the city.

Melbourne is a very arty city specially when compared to Sydney where everything there is new and has the feeling of being a bit brasher. I loved that you could travel around the city in old and new trams, makes more interesting and fun.

In the afternoon we met up
Penguin at St Kilda pierPenguin at St Kilda pierPenguin at St Kilda pier

Yes, they have them here!!!
with Rich and headed to the main high street of St Kilda which is full of trendy clothes shops, cakes shops staked with lots of delicious looking and different style cakes and lots of restaurants and bars. We stopped for a drink and a bite to eat at a very nice spanish place which had churros. Those in my argie family will know how much I like them and of course I had to have some!! Amelia met us there and we then headed back to our lovely and colourful hotel for a bit of a rest before the final night out in OZ. I also nearly forgot to tell you that I found Argie beer in the best bottle shop (off license in ozzie speak) in Melbourne. Had to buy some even if its not the best one but it symbolises argies and what we stand for!

Meal out was lovely with lots of nice tapas, plenty of wine and beers and lots of laughter. (see photos for proof!) We are missing you guys!!!

I also managed to get in touch with cousin Lara who met us at the restaurant towards the end of the night. It
Two happy mugs Two happy mugs Two happy mugs

and Melbourne in the background!
was great to catch up and connect with the Bardsley side of the family.

We really enjoyed ourselves in Melbourne and wished that we had more time to explore more. Its a very relaxed city with lots of see and do.

Enjoy the piccies. Love xxxxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Yes it was raininingYes it was rainining
Yes it was rainining

Federation Square, very new!
Dave and cricketDave and cricket
Dave and cricket

The Melbourne Criket Club Ground


21st September 2006

MELBOURNE
SORRY IT HAS TAKEN SO LONG TO REPLY/COMMENT - glad you liked my "home" town - it is a great place and muuuuuuch better than Sydney! Enjoy yourselves!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb