Dumplings in Chinatown


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » City Centre
May 18th 2008
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 412 (12.05.08) to 418 (18.05.08)

A week of work where we experienced some "interesting" management from the call centre manager had us starting to rethink our decision to stay at our jobs for the rest of our time in Melbourne. We contacted our agency and told them to start looking for some new jobs for us.

The week saw it's usual events with dancing and basketball and Rob and Andre coming for dinner on Thursday. On Friday night Mark and Rob had some work with the catering company so we decided that after a pretty dull week we all needed to do something fun on Saturday night.

After a wet and cold day on saturday we caught the tram into town to meet up with Rob, Veng and Tom. We headed to the Chinatown area of Melbourne to a dumpling restaurant in a tiny back alley that Rob had recommended. This place took us right back to our time in China as we sank some of our favourite chinese beers, Tsingtao, and ate mountains of fantastic dumplings between us. We were even more impressed when the bill was pretty cheap too - not quite Chinese prices but definitely cheap for Oz! We rolled out of the restaurant and into an cool little outdoor bar next door for a beer under a patio heater - winter is fast closing in on us now down under.

To make it a cheap night we headed back to ours, meeting up with Humbug on the way, and spent the rest of the night chatting and having the odd sociable shandy. We celebrated the arrival of 'Uncle' Rob's nephew back in Ireland with a bottle of bubbly and eventually at around 5am we discovered that our tiny little flat is big enough to sleep 6 people in comfort.

As you can imagine, Sunday was a very lazy day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Veng does his usual trick!Veng does his usual trick!
Veng does his usual trick!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb