Can't go wrong when following Maja's recommendations...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
June 20th 2009
Published: June 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

After grabbing a quick swim in the morning, we headed for another of Maja's recommendations for breakkie: cafes on Flinders Lane. We found one called "The Quarter" and had a great meal. We love how you get turkish pide with breakfast in Oz, it's so tasty!

Next we headed to the Queen Victoria Market, which is massive. Everything you could ask for was available there. At around 2:30pm the sales started. Now, we are knowledgeable about getting good end-of-day deals at Borough Market but it's nothing compared to Queen Victoria Market. Every fish and meat counter was calling out to people, selling off absolutely huge trays of steaks, lamb, sausages, fish, etc. for $10. Unbelievable price!! At that moment we would have given anything to live here and own a BBQ. Alas, all we could do is take a photo, which unfortunately doesn't show the full experience.

Spent the rest of the day wandering around shops and the CBD and later in the night we were tired so ordered room service (food was great--can you go wrong in this city?) and stayed in. A very successful day around Melbourne.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Amazing deals here!Amazing deals here!
Amazing deals here!

Fish/Meat area of market-coolest thing yet!


Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb