Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
June 19th 2009
Published: June 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We awake in Alice Springs and decide to go for breakfast at the local grocery store. In the hotel parking lot we see some beautiful birds Pink and Green parrots (Unconfirmed). I resolve to try and get some photos when we get back.

Relatively uneventful trip to Melbourne everything on time and we get to our hotel. Our hotel room is really nice, we booked a mystery 5 star hotel on Last Minute, where you only know the general area of the hotel and the price until you finish the booking. The deal is that because it's a mystery you don't pay full price. Not really a big risk when you are talking about 5 star, but exciting nontheless.

First thing we do is hit the gym for quick workout...the gym is not so 5 star: 4 machines (3working) in a tiny room that after 15 minutes of running feels like 150 degrees. I had to lower the incline on the machine to avoid hitting the ceiling. Still good to get some exercise in and do some much needed laundry at the self-serve place in the hotel.

We decide to hit up some Italian food and went for a great meal at IL SOLITO POSTO, which after 30 minutes of looking turns out is 2 minutes from our hotel. Maja gets the credit for all our fabolous venue recommendations. I had the spaghetti with pine nuts and eggplant while Kimmy had the seafood pasta, both were amazing. We had a nice bottle of MANDALA red.

Then being the totally trendy people we are found ourselves at a cigar and wine bar called THE SUPPER CLUB. (ONLY KNOWN TO A FEW, WOODEN DOOR NO SIGN) Kimmy had a glass TORBRECK GMS STEADING and I had a nice TOKAY (Fortified Wine). If anyone wants details we will administer COOL TESTS to see if you qualify.

Great night we really like Melbourne so far...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



26th June 2009

Torbreck!
I swear to God, there are days when I would move back to AU just for the Torbreck. *sigh*

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb