Tasmania


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
March 11th 2009
Published: March 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: A quick dip, after a night in the car 13 secs
Hi,

sorry its been so long, me (lucy) and will have just got back from tasmania. Katie has been staying in St. Kilda near the beach. Since the Taman Nagara, we have benn to singapore which was nice but loads of rules, like you have to smoke within a painted yellow box on the pavements. We also went to Sentosa where there are a load of man-made beaches.

When we arrived in Melbourne, we stayed in a place right near the station which is good location. The beer is actually more expensive than in England, pints can cost 4 to 5 pounds, but if you get there at happy hour you can get some 2 pound pints. Went to the Victoria market, which was massive and full of people shouting out for you to buy ther) met some very drunk air stweards who came back to our hostel for karioke, one of them was taking it way too seriously.

Left for Tasmania about a week ago, got some reay cheap flights. Stayed in Launceston our first night which didn't have too much of a night life. Phoned around in the morning to rent the cheapest car, found one for $30 a day, which turned out to be a very old mitshubishi magna, 2.6ltr.automatic which liked a drink. So to save on the money we had spent on the car, slept in it quite a few nights, so that after renting it out for 6 days it looked pretty disgusting. Went to a really nice place called St. helens and saw the bay of fires, where in the morning i did need to refresh after sleeping in the car so went for a very quick dip, in the freezing cold sea.

Went to quite a few national parks, saw the franklin river but unfortunatley didnt raft down it as it cost $2000. also went to winegalss bay. Stayed in hobart where it was a bit more lively, and went to a little irish pub where an old guy was singing on his guitar. Did also see cradle mountain and we were going to climb to the top but couldnt be bothered.

back in Melbourne yesterday just for one night and today we're off to rent a camper for 10 days, see the great ocean road, Snowy mountains and the blue mountains, then onto Sydney where we'll hopefully meet up with Katie again.

Hope you enjoy the photos, and the video if it loads (sorry mum) manily added it for robyns benefit.

speak again soon, lucy, will and katie from St kilda


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



12th March 2009

Lucy are you naked?!!! Please behave yoursaelf your behaviour is disgracefull!!Miss you both already xxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb