Back to Thai!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Brunswick
May 9th 2006
Published: May 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Moved out of the flat today- it was very sad- didnt think it would bother me that much really- went back later that day to check for post and was awful to see the new tenents in "our" lounge and "our" kitchen!!!!!!!!!! - we are now homeless again!!!

Andy had kindly let us stay at his tonight, the boys were staying at Darren's uncles as his cousins birthday (I made the Batman cake for hin- becoming a bit of a dessert maker!!!!- No suprise to those who know me well!!!!).......................

My gosh- I have collected some stuff whilst living at the flat!!!!! Just dont know what to do with it all!!!!!! Will have to try and eliminate!!!!! Sent some stuff home but still no good!!!! Dad I am still the "Bag Lady!!!"...........................................

Ian had made us a "survival Kit" for our road trip....... bless it was amazing- consisted of lots of things but the favourites were the t bags and the 2 blokes of Dairy Milk which we demolished before we got picked up by Andy in the reception of the flat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Women and their chocolate hey!!

Tomorrow we are relocating a campervan...............it costs $1 a day and we are allocated $150 petrol........we were to pick it up in the morning....they give us 5days to get it up to Alice Springs........................... A great contact we got through Vix cousin......... As it would cost at least $40 a day to rent a van.

Andy took us to this great Thai restaurant- thought it was fitting as we met in Thailand so would be a great way to say farewell!!!! Well o my gosh- the food was unreal! The restaurant wasnt anything flash but places like that always cook up the best tasting food- it was very like the restaurant we went to every night nearly in Phi Phi!!!!!!! The portions were huge and amazing!!!! Washed down with 2 great bottles of wine! Well done Andy!!!!!

The chef took a bit of a fancy to me offering to pay my return ticket back to Melbourne to see him again! I didnt take him up on the offer (although it was tempting as he really did cook great food!) Had a photo with him in his kitchen as a compromise!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 18; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0943s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb