E & J Nomads - Mallacoota Week 7


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mallacoota
June 19th 2014
Published: June 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our Kangaroos Our Kangaroos Our Kangaroos

View Over the back fence at the Manse
Those things we consider difficulties are often God's opportunities for our greater blessing. When we encounter difficulties we should not ask "Why?" we should ask "so what have You got planned for me now?" We must trust, believe, hope, and continue to walk the path he has laid before us.



Well our week started again with heavy heavy rain which started around 6.00pm Saturday 14th June and continued all day Sunday, fortunately we were scheduled to work in the Op Shop on Saturday 10am to 12 noon which proved to be an extremely busy day for customers.

Sunday 15th June was Trinity Sunday and at the 9.00am service at St Peters Jess was asked to read the first reading Exodus 34 : 1-8 plus the Song of the Three Young Men. We also practiced 'Taize' which we knew nothing about, or so we thought. Taize is a chant where the line of song is repeated over and over again. We will be using this style of singing during this month’s 5th Sunday service. The Taize we practiced was one that was familiar to both of us 'Jesus Remember me when you come into your Kingdom' We use
Our Kangaroos Our Kangaroos Our Kangaroos

Mother with her Joey in pouch
this on Good Friday during the Stations of the Cross walk at Holy Trinity.

Monday 16th June we started with breakfast while looking out of the window at the Kangaroos in the wooded area over the back fence from the Manse, a mob of about 6 or 7 including mother with joey in her pouch, one Kangaroo even straying into the yard next door. We then headed for St Peters to apply a second coat of Danish Oil to the Credence Table and a first coat to the Lectern & another Flower Vase Stand. Evelyn worked in the Op Shop between 1.00pm and 3.00pm while Jess removed the first external post that we need to replace.

Tuesday 17th June was another mild day here in Mallacoota with the temp hovering around 16 degrees. After walking to St Peters to check on how our handy work was drying we prepared for today’s Bible Discussion group at 1.30pm which Evelyn was leading. At today’s session we were joined by Revd. Roger and after prayer we listen to another hymn by Keith & Kristyn Getty 'In Christ Alone' (I wonder who chose this hymn?). Our Gospel passage for discussion was 'Mathew
Our Kangaroos Our Kangaroos Our Kangaroos

Visiting the yard next door
20 : 19 - 23' which was followed by discussion centered around our understanding of the Trinity. We then ended with prayers and an opportunity to light a candle.

On Wednesday 18th June we started early at St Peters as we wanted to apply a second coat of Danish Oil to the Lectern and Roger had also identified a foyer Cupboard that would benefit from the top being sanded due to several large stains and then the whole cupboard refreshed with Danish Oil. Evelyn was also rostered on at the Op Shop between 1.00pm and 3.00pm.

On Thursday 19th June we again headed to St Peters early, this time to apply a second coat of Danish Oil to the foyer Cupboard and also to attend to a few small jobs that we had identified. Roger dropped off the wood so that we could replace the two external uprights that had been affected by white ants.

After sending out this Blog today, Friday 20th June, we will be heading to St Peters to reassemble the foyer Cupboard and to start work on the external posts.


Our time in Mallacoota is sadly drawing to a close and

The Lectern The Lectern The Lectern

The start of this task
we will be packing up our caravan and heading up the east coast on or about 2nd July. We plan to head to Sydney for a few days and call in at the BCA head office before heading down the Hume Highway towards BCA Outposts at Yass, Tarcutta and Holbrook.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The Lectern The Lectern
The Lectern

Striped back and ready to Oil
The Lectern The Lectern
The Lectern

Oiled waiting to dry so we can re glue the black top
The Foyer CupboardThe Foyer Cupboard
The Foyer Cupboard

Our Next Task ready to start
Outside Fascia Post Outside Fascia Post
Outside Fascia Post

Fascia behind the down pipe
Outside Fascia Post Outside Fascia Post
Outside Fascia Post

Fascia attacked by white ants


24th June 2014

G'day, Jess and Evelyn
Glad all goes well with you, that you are working hard, and have made a wonderful contribution down in the Eastern corner of the state. Love the 'roos. The best we have is as many rabbits as you have kanga's. Been quite wet and wild the last few days. We'll be going past (on the highway) on Sunday, as Ruth and I are heading to Narooma (NSW) for 12 days, sharing a 3 storey house on the cliffs overlooking the ocean, with Karen, Michael, and the three grandchildren....Asher, Luke and Caitlin. The kids are impressed with the three floors. It will be a lovely time with the family. Andrew and family in West Australia are still in limbo regarding the imminent sacking of 3000!! employees at the BHP iron ore mine in Newman (out of a total of 16,000). How's that for pruning? All goes well at Holy Trinity. Good to hear your news. Go well. Blessings, Don and Ruth.

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb