E & J Nomads - Mallacoota Week 6


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mallacoota
June 13th 2014
Published: June 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

'PEACE BE WITH YOU ALL'



Over the past 6 weeks we have included in this Blog details of tasks that we have been undertaking at St. Peters in Mallacoota. We would just like to say that we do this not to brag or pat ourselves on the back but, hopefully, to encourage others to help out at either there local Church or any Church where an opportunity presents itself. There are always things that they need help with including Fellowship. God will use whatever talents He has provided us with and will always bring out those talents that we are not aware that we have.

Week 6 started off on Saturday 7th June with a fine and sunny morning so it was a short walk from the Manse to the main street of Mallacoota and a visit to the Saturday market. Then off to St Peters to check on the Font and to fix a hole above a drainage pipe at the back of the church. Saturday afternoon we took a drive to Pebbly Beach, just a short drive from the Manse before the rain set in. Saturday night we had heavy heavy rain which continued well into Sunday morning.

Sunday 8th June was Pentecost Sunday and a solemn service at St Peters due to the passing of Bishop John. We spent the rest of the day indoors due to once again heavy heavy rain.

Monday 9th June was the public holiday for the Queen’s Birthday, something that the UK does not have, a public holiday for the Queen’s birthday, very strange. We spent the morning at St Peters applying a second coat of Danish Oil to the Font and a first coat to the Credence table and Flower Vase Stand.

Tuesday 10th June again the morning was spent at St Peters checking on the Font, Credence Table and Flower Vase Stand plus finishing work on the hole above the drainage point at the back of the Church.

Tuesday afternoon was the Bible Discussion Group at the Church. Our small group of three is proving to be very spiritually uplifting. After Prayers we listen to another hymn by Keith & Kristyn Getty 'Speak O Lord'. We then shared some words from a Prayer, Bible/Book passage, Song etc. through which we felt God had spoken to us. As our Gospel passage for discussion was 'John 20
Pebbly BeachPebbly BeachPebbly Beach

Path down to beach
: 19 - 23' we again listened to the reading by David Suchet. Our discussion was centred on "When had we felt the Holy Spirit active in our lives". We then ended with prayers and an opportunity to light a candle.

Wednesday 11th June was again a fine sunny morning and today we had decided to take a day off from our tasks at St Peters and head for those points of interest we had yet to see. We first drove to Gypsy Point, some 15klms back towards the highway along the Genoa road, to look at the views across the Top Lake. Then it was off towards the golf course for the views at Tip Beach and to see the Kangaroos on the golf course. We finally stopped at Betka beach for a picnic, the ocean views and a walk along the beach before heading back to the Manse after a wonderful relaxing day out.

On Thursday 12th June we headed to St Peters. We had decided only to apply a second coat of Danish Oil to the Flower Vase Stand as the Credence table would be required for Sundays Holy Communion Service and the Font was now finished.

Late Thursday morning we washed down the rear Church entrance including the doors as well as the side and front windows of the Church.

On Friday 13th June Suzanne (Revd. Roger's wife) picked Evelyn up at the Manse at 9.30am and they headed off to spend the day 'Up the coast' somewhere between Eden and Merimbula, shopping? Luckily Evelyn enjoys window shopping. Jess would be at the Church starting work on the Lectern.

On Friday evening we have been invited by Roger and Suzanne for dinner at the Mallacoota Golf Club to celebrate Evelyn's birthday. Should be a great night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Gipsy PointGipsy Point
Gipsy Point

Holiday Homes
Tip BeachTip Beach
Tip Beach

Path to Beach
Mallacoota Golf CourseMallacoota Golf Course
Mallacoota Golf Course

With Kangaroos


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb