Off to Vico we go!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Geelong
July 23rd 2008
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Little slow with this update, but things should be updated more frequently now that we finally bit the bullet and got wireless broadband internet, so now wherever we go (or so they say), we should be connected. Amazing how out of touch you feel without internet access!

Our last few days up around Wollongong were spent doing much of the same, and hanging out with Tarra, my friend living in Melbourne, who was rolling through the Gong with her Mom and Grandma who were over visiting for 2 weeks from Canada and on a whirlwind tour of Australia. It was good to see them, and to catch up with TP again.

We have now been in Victoria for 2 weeks ago now, staying in a little town called Ocean Grove on the Bellarine Peninsula. It is about hour and half south west of Melbourne, on the coast, and about 20 minutes from Torquay and Bells Beach. It is a nice, sleepy little surf town...well sleepy at this time of year. I imagine it gets packed over the warmer months. he temperatures haven't really been too bad for winter. It kind of reminds us of early Spring or early fall
Teepee and her Mom (a.k.a. Mamsie).Teepee and her Mom (a.k.a. Mamsie).Teepee and her Mom (a.k.a. Mamsie).

This was our 2 minute "Quick let's get a photo that wind is bloody freezing!" shot.
in Vancouver. Nights get down to about 7-9 degrees, and daytime is about 13 egrees, with a few 15 degree days. It has been fairly sunny for the most part, and definately days where I think you see every weather type in one day, which they say is pretty common down here in Victoria.

Brett and the guys are busy building the skatepark in town, and I have been back and forth between Ocean Grove and Melbourne. I have been staying at TP's a few nights a week and checking stuff out again in the city. Last week was the Melbourne International Design Festival, so it was great, lots of design stuff going on, and I caught a couple speakers that were really good too. Now if Brett can just get a weekend off so we can go check out a few things we want to see around here that we didn't get to check out when we were here a few months ago! Might have to wait until the skatepark is done I guess.

We aren't really sure of our plans next... I guess good thing we aren't the type of people that really have to have a set plan. We are pretty ok with just going with it. The skatepark will probably be done in another week or so, then there is a possibility of another one in the next little town. So we are just waiting to see. If not we are thinking it might be time to head back north and find that warmer weather for a bit!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The main beach in Ocean Grove where we are staying.The main beach in Ocean Grove where we are staying.
The main beach in Ocean Grove where we are staying.

And this seagull is about one of a few people in town as its pretty quiet right now being winter.


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb