Snow... in Australia!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Bright
October 24th 2011
Published: October 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We stayed in a funny log cabin place near the Grampians with a proper Aussie host (described by an Australian friend as Tropo). The Grampians themselves were amazing and full of wildlife. Mum got loads of use out of her new birthday binoculars, thanks friends! We saw waterfalls, mountains and great scenery. After confidently assuring Mum and Dad they wouldn't see emus (just like we said about koalas) we saw loads, along with kangaroos, wallabies and the other thing we claimed they would never see... snakes.
We returned to Melbourne via the Gold towns of Bendigo and Castlemain. Dad even managed to squeeze in a couple of vinyard visits. Arriving back in Melbourne to Kath's wonderful hospitality was a real treat and we had a couple of days seeing family again and getting to see some of the Melbourne sites including the wonderful Victoria market.
Moving on we headed down the Mornington Peninsular which has a great reputation but we were all a little disappointed in until we found Arthur's seat with brilliant views of the sea, followed swiftly by a great wet land reserve with bird hides (the binoculars have had alot of use on this trip).
We are now up in the Victorian Alps, the big surprise of the trip being we even found snow for mum and dad in Australia. We've had a lovely couple of days walking in the mountains, so much so we have decided to stay for longer.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb