Goodbyeee


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
November 2nd 2011
Published: November 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Sadly Mum and Dad's great adventure is coming to a slightly more abrupt end than planned. The floods in Thailand have meant an earlier flight from Australia and a two hour stop in Bangkok rather than the planned 2 days. Bit disappointing but its a lot worse for the Thais so we're looking on the bright side.
We enjoyed our walks in the Victorian Alps and found the best ice cream in Australia... made by Kiwis! We had two dusk walks with glimpses of duck billed platypus.
Arriving at the Blue Mountains to a misty drizzle and a hotel covered in scaffolding is not quite what we had in mind but things could only get better. And they did.. the second day was warm and clear, we managed to get mum and dad down, along and up a canyon walk complete with creek crossings on small, slippery rock crossings. I think they enjoyed it and the view from the look out wouldn't have been anywhere near as good if we'd just driven to the car park.
Our final stop is a visit to Sydney to stay with Kirsty who lived with us when I was about 10. We've enjoyed seeing her again and meeting her son and husband. Kirsty took us on a whirl wind tour of Sydney, then left us to get mum and dad back on a boat out to Manly beach. It was a little bigger than their usual boat, and good thing too with all the swell! Returning to the centre in the evening we sat by the opera house with views of the harbour bridge. The drink was even better for then entering the opera house to see a play directed and set designed by some people Chris and I met at Karnak. It was a lovely day and they got to see a lot of Sydney in a short time.
It's been great to see Mum and dad and hear all the news from home. We're sad to be loosing them earlier than planned but glad they are going back to see everyone else sooner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb