Many people pooh pooh Australian table wines


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Apollo Bay
December 5th 2006
Published: December 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It's a sticky morning and the air in Chumpon is stiller than a dead donkey. A relaxing swim will cool things off - then - JELLYFISH ATTACK. OK it's only a small one, but it's the straw that breaks the late donkey's back. We decide to flee Thailand and hit Australia early. Paul convinces Emma it is mere coincidence we arrive a few days before the Ashes tour starts.

After organising some hot wheels from Thrifty We arrive in Adelaide and stay by the beach for a couple of nights, then start the long drive down the coast to Melbourne. En route we visit many amazing wineries and astound the local vignerons with our tasting skills: ''Cherry, hint of cigar box and a lingering after taste of Mr Whippy." We buy a couple of bottles to try and drown our England-are-rubbish-at-cricket inspired sorrows.

We also stop at a wildlife park to feed kanga's, koalas and rather scary emus (Grotbags was right to be terrified). We also see a few wild 'roos, sadly most are road kill.

Our journey takes us past the spectacular scenery of the Great Ocean Road to Melbourne, where - shh whisper it - it's actually quite windy. We are set up in a nice little apartment untill Christmas and plan to hit the water every day until then.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb