Thai Break


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Chumphon
November 5th 2006
Published: November 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We spend a couple of days in Bangkok sorting ourselves out. We are pleased that our hostel is staffed by ladyboys for the authentic Thai experience, though Emma is a bit annoyed they have better figures than her.
It takes the good part of a day for Paul to collect the kiteboard equipment, that Emma's mum kindly shipped to Bangkok airport. A seemingly complex affair until a strategically placed wad of baht miraculously speeds things up (and that was just Jean, let alone Thai Customs).
We are now set up on the Thung Wae Lung beach North of Chumpon in the Gulf of Thailand. A great kiteboarding spot apart from - as is always the case in our kiteboarding expeditions - no frikkin wind.
There are worse places to hang around. A typical day involves: a run down the beach and a swim before fruit salad and banana pancakes for breakfast. This is followed by a few hours of serious hammocking, then a game of volleyball before a seafood dinner. It is low season so the kiteboarders-in-waiting, of which there are about a dozen, pretty much have the beach to ourselves (as well as many local dogs) during the week.
In need of a mini-break from this taxing routine, we head off for a couple of nights to the nearby island of Koh Tao for some spa treatments and snorkeling.
Will update when the wind comes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



21st November 2006

hot air
If we all stand facing East and blow do you think it might have any effect? Hope you get a fine breeze soon. Nice picture of Ger by the way. V much hoping to follow in your hoofprints.
24th November 2006

Where's Emma
I can see the three angry buddas in the photgraph, but where's emma gone? Did you download the wrong picture? You really must be more careful
28th November 2006

Delighted and inspired
Guys - sounds like you're having an amazing time!! I'm loving the blog and keeping up with what you're up to, and full marks abound for your fab photos too. Wonderfully amusing commentary - so the journo training is paying off then, Em? ;-) Keep having an awesome time, and know that Tone and I are sending loads of love... Trace xxx
28th November 2006

Pirates
Oh, and I forgot - MAJOR plaudits for getting in the mentioning of pirates... TWICE...! Txx (Yars, me-hearties... arrr..)

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb