Tasmania


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Launceston
December 21st 2016
Published: May 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We flew out to Tasmania to spend Christmas and New year with Ashok the owner of the Windrose and his family in Launceston. His home is beautiful and I loved meeting all his family and his parents, plus in laws.

They own the Iron Pot Bay vineyard in the Taymar Valley which his wife Julieanne runs which is stunning, fabulous location and interesting to see the process they go through to make their wine. We had a great time exploring the area in Ashok's Land Rover which is brand new although old style and the classic racing green.


Christmas Celebrations was good fun with Julieanne's family and the BBQ was a very different experience for Christmas, but we're in Oz now so you go with the flow. Scott and I did our fair share of cooking and it was fab just to be able to get some proper quality decent food which isn't easily available in Thailand, and we were pigging out western style and tasts.

After Christmas we took the Land Rover down to Hobart to watch the end of the Sydney to Hobart race coming in which was fabulous, I strangely never thought I would visit here, but the drive down alone really reminds me of Scotland and many place and street names are all Scottish. The harbour front was heaving with all the yachties and was great fun hanging out and I did meet a few people i knew which was very strange given the location.

We had a beautiful drive back up the north east coast for a few days which is very quiet and peaceful which was a nice way to return, here's to the New Year, let's see what this year brings.



Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.042s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0938s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb