Grant and Rae's Oz Trip Feb/Mar 2014


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
March 4th 2014
Published: March 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our last full day in Tassie!

Went for a run, to Blackman's Bay......more tough hills. Then had a swim.......beautiful day again, forecast to get up to 30.

Clare took us to the Tasmanian Royal Botanic Gardens, where James was doing his course.........a good place to learn about horticulture! Lovely gardens.......especially the Japanese one. James had been given his homework - learning the botanical Latin names for 100 plants/trees/shrubs etc.

We also met the Mr. And Mrs. T, who were passengers with James and Hatter on the the inaugural Overlanding West Africa trip........seasoned travellers, although they've never got further than Coventry in England.

James and I went for a swim when we got back while Clare and Rae went for a paddle.......very refreshing.

Nick and Jacqui came round to say cheerio.........maybe we'll see them in Spain some time!

It's been a great first visit to Tasmania.

Pics are: Lily Pond, crocuses, Japanese Garden, wooden composition (by a friend of Nick's....... remember the pic of the driftwood statue in Nick's garden?), our super-attentive hosts, James (in his "work" clothes) and Clare.

Tomorrow Sydney.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb