Oh my god, a day to forget!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
July 9th 2007
Published: July 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well as we went to bed on Saturday night we set our alarm clocks. Which somehow we both turned off in our sleep. Sarah woke at 8.20am at which point we should've been sat on our flight back to Melbourne. We literally jumped out of bed, threw on some clothes and hopped into our car to drive to the airport. I dropped off the rental car while Sarah went in to see what they could do for us. Which turned out to be nothing, we had to buy new flights home. Which was bad enough, but we'd have gotten over that, worse - much worse - was to come. As we came out of Melbourne airport Sarah had a voicemail in her phone asking her to call the car hire place back about the damage that was done to the car. I'd scratched a hubcap off the kerb the first night, so thought that was it, although it said in the terms and conditions that they let scrathes like that go. Sarah called back and as she did, she went whiter and whiter and kept cursing - at this point I knew it wasn't the hub cap. Turns out they'd taken $2000 out of Sarahs credit card to cover a dent on the bonnet. A dent which the woman claimed was huge. Now we both knew we hadn't dented the car.

We came home in quite a depressed mood, then of course we realised they shouldn't have taken the money out of Sarahs card without asking her and they couldn't prove that we'd done the damage, because they never checked the car with me. We can't be sure it's our car that's dented cause we're not there!

Sarah got onto them this morning to dispute it. They said they'd a quote for $750, but Sarah said we didn't do the damage and we were disputing it, so we'll see where it goes from here.

We're both a little nervous but we're renting another car to go do the Great Ocean Road.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.2068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb