A bit of News......


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Freycinet
July 29th 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well we have had a bit of news in the past few weeks. We are expecting a baby - all being well - on the 1st February 2008. We have had lots of tests and all seems well so far- though the doc is a little bit worried because I have high blood pressure - not VERY high but higher than it should be!! I am therefore being kept under close observation. We went to the hospital last Friday to be booked in. The baby will be born here - so will actually need an Aussie passport in order for us to bring him/her home to the UK. The appointment took about an hour longer than usual because Ivor chatted the socks off everyone we met (just for a change!!) The doctor I saw there was from Pakistan and heavily into cricket. At one point I had to remind the doctor I was there - he was so engrossed in conversation with Ivor!! All the staff were really lovely and I felt quite comforted by the warm reception that I received. I would put a picture up of the scan we had..............but somehow that seems a bit naff!!



We are not going to find out what sex it is - as we think there are few enough surprises in life. I think that it's a girl........but we'll have to wait and see. I already feel huge and am only just over 13 weeks. The doc said that I had to cut down on running - I reckon my fitness levels have already dropped lots!! Needless to say - I didn't do the "Run to the G" this year. I could have done it really slowly - but I would have been too tempted to push myself lots. Turns out, I was actually pregnant when I did the "City to Casino" run - I remember feeling vaguely odd when I was pushing myself with that but that's all!!

The picture is of Ivor relaxing in the Winter Sun.Can you believe this was the middle of Winter??.......Why do we live here again??
Anyway - last weekend was Ivor's 36th birthday - so we decided to go back to Freycinet. We only stayed a night - and that was in the Lodge, but we had a really great time and the weather was just unbelieveable (maybe the missing summer from the UK is here - just look at the photos!!) We had intended to walk up Mount Amos - but they had closed the track - so we ended up walking a circular route via the famous "Wineglass Bay" (that's where Ivor is in the pictures)
We bumped into Ivor's Deputy-Head and his wife on the way round - so it was really interesting to have a bit of a chat with them. Unlike the last time we were here - there were not actually that many people heading up to the Wineglass Lookout - so it really was a tremendous day.

The days are getting noticeably longer again !!!! Spring will soon be here!


Advertisement



31st July 2007

Hey Baby!
Congratualtions Sarah on your news. Keep up the running though as it makes for an easier birth (it worked for Cath).

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb