The Real Australia!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Outback » Coober Pedy
May 11th 2006
Published: May 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Leaving Adelaide the real road trip begins.........................................................

Today I saw soooo many more interesting things- we were in the real outback!!

For starters the weather was amazing- desert like......its amzing how the weather can be so different......................

Experienced real Australian colours- burnt oranges............desert land with sparce greenery- great photo opportunities which of course I took full advantage of as always!

People's houses were in the absolute middle of no where!!!! Miles apart from their neighbours!!! How do they get food or milk for their brews- they must not see others for days or leave the house for days!!!!!!! I just find it crazy!!! I would pull my hair out!!! Poor Sylvia would be well used!!!!!!

The roads were same same the whole way with little highlights thrown in there every now and again!!! A straight road for miles........... we passed quite a few people on the way actually especially Road Train which are huge lorries which pull up to 3-4 containers........ they cant slow down because of their huge load- takes them bought 1/2 mile to stop!!!!! They were great to see- but dont get in the way of those devils!!!!

Petrol stations were hours away from each other so we were always very sensible and filling up when ever we came accross one even though sometimes we had 3/4 tank left- you just didnt know how far the next one was!!! But I tell you those people who work in those stations are freaks!!!! All inbreads i'm sure!!!!!

We phoned ahead booking a camp spot at the petrol station as no phone reception anywhere along the roads............................................................ at this point it was sunset and night driving isnt advised what so ever but we had to get to our campsite- not realising it was a good 2hr drive away!!!!!!! Gosh it was scary as the kangas come out in the evening and just hop into the roads- if you hit one its like hitting a brick wall!!!!!! Poor Darrens eyes were back and forth keeping a look out- we nearly hit one!!! We were all very scared but had to get to site............. if we hit one we could easily have been driven off the road and god knows how damaged the van would be- no one except road trains travel during the evening really and as i was telling you before- they cant stop for no one!!!!!!

Anyway we made it all in one piece to the strangest place I have ever been to in my life.......... Coober Pedy...................................................................




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb