Alligator Gorge


Advertisement
Published: July 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

At the bottom of the stairsAt the bottom of the stairsAt the bottom of the stairs

This is the view when you get to the bottom of the stairs at Alligator gorge and turn right.
On Sunday we went on a very long walk (9 km) through Alligator Gorge. It cost $7.00 to park our car. If you go there, you walk down a big staircase to the bottom of the gorge. Turn right and the first place you come to is called the Terraces and the rocks have lots of ripples. The ripples are sand patterns left from the ancient sea bed that once was in the Flinders Ranges. On our way we found some interesting stones. The gorge walls were orange and had lots of layers. Some parts were very slippery as water was flowing along the gorge. We then climbed a hill and walked to Eaglehawk Dam where we saw a big fire water supply and kangaroos. BlueGum Flat was the next landmark. The last part of the walk was called the Narrows. It was narrow there and there was lots of water.
Dan


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The terracesThe terraces
The terraces

This is Dad and me walking alongside the terraces at Alligator Gorge
The view from the hillThe view from the hill
The view from the hill

This is the view looking over Alligator Gorge from the top of the hill.
The NarrowsThe Narrows
The Narrows

This is near the end of the walk. The gorge is very narrow here. Be careful of the water.


Tot: 0.349s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 84; dbt: 0.2236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb