Uluru


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
October 6th 2010
Published: October 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Map?


Last week we went to Uluru. It was big - humungeous, huge, great, large, massive, gigantic, imposing, vast, mammoth, monstrous, colossal and enormous!!!!!! The colour red / purple/ orange / brownish, it changed when it got lighter and darker, in the afternoon it glowed orange and red, in the evening it turned purple and then brownish red. It was 348m tall and 10.2km around the base. If you climb the mountain the aboriginal people believe that you will get bad luck, so we didn’t climb it. There are lots of stories like the one where someone got turned to stone for lying and there was one where Liru, a poisonous snake, had killed a snake ladies nephew while she was off getting food and she killed him back and she spewed all her poison up and the markings were left like a snake on the side of a rock.
The next day we went to The Olgas (Kata Tjutu). They are known as the 36 heads.
We crossed the border into South Australia.
Then we went to Coober Pedy. There was no grass there, just lots of stones. It gets so hot that lots of houses are underground. We went in an art gallery underground and it was really cool. They mine lots of opals there, Dad bought himself one.
Then we drove non stop for 3 days until we got to Mt Remarkable which is in a National Park. It was beautiful there. I played with heaps of kids.
Next we went to Adelaide (the capital of South Australia). We went shopping and Dad bought lots of stuff for himself like music cases and stage makeup and hair. We went to the museum.




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



7th October 2010

We've been there!
Hey Jaspa, Uluru is a special place isn't it? Mark and I went there about 10 years ago. We didn't climb the rock out of respect for the aboriginal people. You have been doing lots of exploring and learning so many things. I hear you are in Adelaide now and I look forward to some photos from there too. We just got back from our holiday and it is 8.30pm but it feels like 11.30pm so I must go to bed before we head back to Pemby tomorrow. Keep telling us about your journey and I will show the kids tomorrow. We are doing Kitchen Garden this term. Enjoy Adelaide, Mrs Schmidt

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb