Adelaide Day 3


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
March 5th 2008
Published: March 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Rundle MallRundle MallRundle Mall

Street Performers
Adelaide Day 3

We wake up early to head down to the Rundle Street mall. We know there's a couple of Opal stores to check out plus this a huge open air mall and the main hub of downtown Adelaide.

We wander up and down the mall trying to find the opal places and I get a little frustrated. I've written down that it's at the east end of Rundle Mall and we're shut out. We watch as bands and street performers get set up. The Fringe Festival is just starting up so things are hopping more than usual.

Trish's mom and dad phone so we sit down to enjoy a digeridoo band and talk on the phone.

We head down to the westend of Rundle Mall and run smack dab into the opal places we had been looking for. Both feature a mock up of an underground mine and are quite interesting. The "Original Mine Display" has great sales people while the other one had an aboriginal display in their mine display. We run into a fellow who's very knowledgable, friendly and funny. Too bad he didn't sell opals. Trish leaves empty handed.

Trish had
opal in rockopal in rockopal in rock

A strain of opal in rock
learned that there were a lot of Haigh's in Australia. Funny as friend's of ours are Haigh's!! Actually in Melbourne, we ran into our 1st Haigh's Chocolate store. When we found out that Haigh's Chocolates originate from Adelaide, we set out to find where they are.

We find them and take the short tour of the facility. Really cool indeed. We pick up a few chocolates and head back to the hotel. Laundry needs to be done so we ask at the front desk for the closest one. I still can't get over distances being given in metres. It's still quite cool!! We do laundry and then back to the fish and chips place for take out in the hotel (marvelous yet again).



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Rundle MallRundle Mall
Rundle Mall

Street Performers


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb