Adelaide International Kite Festival


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide » Semaphore
March 25th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The angel at SemaphoreThe angel at SemaphoreThe angel at Semaphore

The Semaphore foreshore is the site for this event.

What happened




Today the hikers took to the bikes and headed down to the Adelaide International Kite Festival as part of our normal bike ride to North Haven. This Kite Festival is an annual event that takes place in Semaphore over three days and literally fills the place with colour, spectacle and lots of smiling faces. People are allowed to aggregate on the jetty and the kite flyers work on the beach. Large inflatable kites such as mermaids, killer whales, a spaceship, frill-neck lizards, frogs and the like can be seen from quite a distance.

Dan says ...




Hello Readers,

That was a good bike ride - I have been doing it since I was 8 or something. On that dayI had double exercise with some weight training. That meant I could eat some cool stuff at Helen's birthday party.

And now for a joke..
Q: What is the tallest building in Adelaide?

A: The library - it has the most stories!
- Hope you liked that one Miss Callahen :-)






We hoped you enjoyed this blog entry. Please leave us a comment. If this activity wasn't the right one for you then remember you can visit our Complete index of our walks/activities by location to find other walks and things to do in SA.
Yours,
SA-Hikers (aka Diana Peter and Dan)




Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Approaching the EsplanadeApproaching the Esplanade
Approaching the Esplanade

Peter and Dan approaching the Esplanade
Lighting up HelenLighting up Helen
Lighting up Helen

Later that same day ... Andrea and Helen overseeing Dan lighting the candles on Helen's 60th birthday cake.


2nd April 2007

Puppy?
What new puppy!!!!? And Helen's birthday was certainly a great day. Dan, I am glad you got those candles lit!
2nd April 2007

Hi Sue
Yes, tricky candle - but with my experience (9 you know) not a problem!
2nd April 2007

Puppy
The puppy belongs to soime friends of ours who we happened to meet at Largs. Dad won't let us have a dog or cat. Fish is his thing. Dan.
3rd April 2007

birthday help
Thanks Dan for your help at my birthday. And for the delicious food youn brought. I had the best afternoon possible.
3rd April 2007

Birthday girl
Hi Helen, It was a great day at the Duff's place and it was lovely to be part of your special day. We didn't bring anything, but we ate trifle, slices, cream puffs, biscuits, lemon tarts ... apparently there was even a Mars bar slice around somewhere as well (a family speciality). All the best, Dan and Diana xxx

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb