February 16th Adelaide


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide » Glenelg
February 15th 2011
Published: February 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had every intention today of visiting the South Australian Museum and the Aboriginal Arts museum, but we got to the first museum at 9:30 and the place doesn't open until 10.00 am. Change of plan - decided to go to Glenelg.

We caught the tram, which is free in the central part of Adelaide . We had to pay A$2.6 as we were going 0n a longer journey that took about 25 minutes.
Glenelg is a lovely little beach resort, and was relatively quiet when we were there. You alit from the tram in Glenelg and what is like a little piazza. A marble monument and a palm tree lined walk with the quaint Town Hall off to the right

We got settled on the beach. I was having a read as Di went for a stroll along the jetty (which was a good deal shorter than the one she had tackled in Busselton!!). Stayed on the beach for a couple of hours, then we decided to go for a pizza for lunch. We bumped into my brother-in-law Ron and Pita who happened to be on vacation in Adelaide, we had dinner with them the previous evening and they said that they maybe in Glenelg. After we left the restaurant, Ron and Pita headed for the marina to have their lunch, whilst Di and I went to do more sun-bathing on the grass just above the beach (The beach is OK, but the sand gets everywhere!!) We stayed at the beach till about 14:30 the headed back to Adelaide on the tram.

We had planned to visit the museums after the beach. But we felt a bit “museumed –out”, so we decided to give it a miss, and we just went back to the hotel and relaxed.

In the evening Di suggested Chinese for dinner, which sounded good. We showered, trying to get rid of all the bloody sand and set off to find a Chinese restaurant. The previous evening we had gone west on Rundle Street, tonight we turn east, which proved to be where all the restaurants were. After a sort walk we found “Chopsticks”, where the food proved to be really good (even if the actual service was crap).

Turned in reasonably early as we move on in the morning and we would need to pack again!!! Di still has some washing to do. The hotel has a laundry room where you can get access for A$10, so we are up-to- date with the laundry





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0166s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb