Whitsundays (Atlantic Clipper)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Whitsundays
June 14th 2012
Published: July 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

The Whitsundays are a combination of 74 islands on the bottom half of the Great Barrier Reef with stunning views and beautiful aquatic life. Which makes it very popular for amongst every kind of traveler. Arlie beach is the departure town for all the Whitsunday boats and they’re is a boat for every kind of traveler. The Atlantic clipper is known as the party boat of the Whitsunday's which is why I picked it. It holds 52 people + crew but at no time do you ever feel that their are too many people on the boat or that it is too small. Most rooms house 3 people, there is a hot tub and a diving board and a slide on the boat. The boat has everything you need from really good food to snorkeling gear, the only thing they don’t supply is the booz so when you go on the 2 day 2 night trip you need to make sure you have enough, like I said it is a party boat.

As the Atlantic Clipper started to leave Arlie beach everyone had put there belongings in the rooms I was rooming with two other girls. This was my first time sleeping on a boat so I was unsure how I would go but it is a fairly large boat so I didn’t have much trouble at all. Everyone was relaxing on the boat deck and taking in the beautiful views as we left the harbor.

That night we all played drinking games of every kind, card games, never have I ever, thumbs and the list goes on. In the morning we made our way to Whitehaven beach one of Australia's iconic photos, it was a bit of an over cast day but we made the most of it went for a swim and relaxed. after that we went to another anchoring spot and went snorkeling on the bottom half of the Great Barrier Reef there is also a celebrity at this spot “Elvis” a giant fish that loves the tourists. After another great meal, that night the crew got everyone dress up using a box of crazy outfits and to play games just really funny/embarrassing but everyone is doing it and laughing good times. And of cores with the mood set more drinking commenced that night as well.

We woke up early the next day do do some more snorkeling and play on the slide again. Sadly this was the day our party boat ended and we made out way back to Arlie Beach. It was not a smooth ride the waves got pretty big to the point that the front of the boat was going under the waves so most of us stayed top side so we wouldn't get sea sick. Even the rough weather couldn't damper our spirits of the fun we had.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.536s; Tpl: 0.163s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0926s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 6; ; mem: 1.1mb