Seaworld and botanical gardens


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Surfers Paradise
March 7th 2011
Published: March 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We got up at a silly time of the morning and took Dad to work before carrying on to the highway and down to Surfers Paradise. We got to Seaworld at roughly 09:40 and it took us about 10 minutes to get in as the queues were quite long.
We first went into the penguin house and there was a really friendly inquisitive penguin who came right up to the glass to see us. A lot of people came in just after us and it got too crowded so we left and went to see the other penguins who were outside as they are native to Australia.
Then we went to see the polar bear who was wandering around above the water. There were a lot of people there to, so we went to the underwater viewing area even though the bear was above the water. We were stood right by the glass when all of a sudden he decided to jump in and go for a swim! It was amazing to see him so close up. He kept using the glass to push off from and his paws were absolutely massive and so were his claws!
We then went to the ray pool and got to touch the rays. We walked around to the other touch pools where we were able to touch starfish and sea cucumbers.
We went to the underwater shark and coral reef viewing area and got a brilliant view of all of the sharks, fish, coral and we saw a boat going round on the top!
We went to the dolphin show which was really good, they did some tricks that were amazing! The dolphins can jump really high and can swim surprisingly fast! After the dolphin show, we got on the monorail and did a loop of the whole park.
After getting off the monorail, we sat down to watch the pirate stunt show that was just about to start. They had lots of acrobatics and people going round on jet skis.
Then we left Seaworld and drove back to Brisbane.
When we got back to Brisbane we had some lunch and then went out to the Mount Coot-tha botanical gardens again where we saw lots and lots of wildlife including a MASSIVE spider which was about 3 inches across!
After getting through all of the traffic, we picked Dad up from work, came back to the appartment and had salmon, butternut pumpkin, broccolini and avocado for dinner, which was really yummy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb