Roadtrip!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
March 9th 2011
Published: April 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left Brisbane after dropping Dad and Sophie at work at the transit centre and Fortitude Valley. We got onto the highway for the first part of the journey to get us out of the city and the suburbs. Once we were out of the city area, we dropped off the highway and started driving on the smaller back roads which go through the bush.

We drove along a road (I use the term road loosely) which went through the rainforest which was lovely, it was a long and winding road, but a lovely one nevertheless. We didn't see any wildlife along this road to our disappointment, but our spirits were lifted when we got to the next gravel road and we saw kingfishers sitting in the trees and white egrets standing amongst the cattle in the fields.

Once off the gravel road and back on the main (tarmac) roads, we saw HUGE termite mounds and a few brumbies (wild horses) which were really cool. In total, it took about 4 and a half hours to get to Hervey Bay. When we got there, we followed the sat nav's directions to the bed and breakfast which, surprisingly, were right! We met the lady who owned the B&B and she showed us around the house.

After putting all of our stuff in our room, we went out to the pier and did a bit of fishing. We were not very successful and only caught one toadfish which squeaked at us and puffed up before being thrown back in! Deciding that we were not going to be much more successful, we headed to Domino’s pizza where we bought dinner.

We took our dinner back to the B&B and ate it at the kitchen table. This is when Chris told me that we were going on a private Hummer tour of Fraser Island the next day. I was very excited! :-D We tidied up our dinner things and then headed to bed as we had to be up at 06:30 for breakfast.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb