Surfers to Mudjimba


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Surfers Paradise
December 9th 2008
Published: December 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Surfers late afternoon, so we found a good campsite, close enough to the town and beaches. Now the weather had changed (again) from sunny to cloudy and dark clouds, ready to have down pour any minute!

We had a walk to the beach - Main Beach (across the road) then we went for a drink or two in a nice bar. I noticed someone walk past me that i really thought i knew..... and its was TIMMY MALLETT, I was so excited, started doing tothe "wack a wave" and Stu started singing the theme tune to the "Wide a Wake Club", he was going to come into the bar, but he looked really moody, and went else where, i tried to get a sneeky snap but he was too far way, but Stu had already descided he was going to ask for a piccy, so we downed our drinks and off we go, and he was really nice, asked about our holiday, Stu asked why he was here in OZ and he said he was in I am a Celebrity Get me out of here and said no more, so Stu didnt push it, and guessed he didnt do too well!! So if anyone can tell us more, please do!

We stayed in Surfers for 2nights, then headed to Wet N Wild and it was great fun, we had great weather for it too. The rides were mad.

We drove to Brisbane, had a walk around the city, along the river which was really nice, but we didnt stay here and carried on to a small town called Landsborough (Near Australia Zoo), the campsite had a good view of the glass house mountains and valleys below.

We had a full day at Australia Zoo, we both really enjoyed it, still quite sad to see Steves face and voice all around the zoo and the memorial area put a lump in the throat. We stayed the night along the Sunshine coast called Mudjimba.

Arrived in Noosa today!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb