Noosa / Fraser Island / Tin Can Bay/ Kinka Beach / Mackay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
December 16th 2008
Published: December 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Noosa and we planned to have a day on Fraser Island, we would of liked to have done a couple of days with camping but time is running out and fast.

The weather was good, clear skies and nice and hot, just how we like it!

The campsite was pretty busy but we had a good shady spot and right next to the inlet, so we sat by the water for the afternoon. The next day we were up early for a 4x4 Day on Fraser Island, we had a good group of people (mainly familes) and we took a tour through a state forest and learnt all about the wildlife and trees, we stopped for morning tea/coffee and cake on Rainbow Beach, they have great sand dunes, all different colours, then we caught a cable ferry across to Fraser Island, the island is SO close to Noosa, but with only a day there were only saw a very small part of the Island, its pretty big!

We drove along the white beaches (NO swimming on Fraser Island, too many man eating sharks and under currents), then went inland to see the rainforests, the tracks were great, really bumpy and a nightmare if you met another car or bus coming the other way (only happend once!) we stopped at a freshwater lake called MacKenzie, and it was lovely, clear blue water, white sand and surrounded by bush, it was so nice to take a swim and not feel all tight from the saltwater from the sea. We had a BBQ lunch here, nice steak and fish.

After lunch we drove to Central Station, here we did a 30min broadwalk through the rainforest and there was a creek running through the centre, but because Fraser Island has no rock/stone, just sand and trees/bush the creek was called Silent Creek, again it was fresh water and so clear.

We had a great day and really recommend visisting!

We stayed in Noosa for 2nights and headed to Tin Can Bay, this is a very small town, but known for its Dolphin Feeding by the marina, we went to see this in the morning we were leaving, only 2 turned, normally there are 3 or 4, but its great to see them so close.

we drove to Kinka Beach (Yeppoon) this was a small town close to the beach, we stayed here 2nights and actually did nothing but read and relax by the pool, the weather was great, had a small bit of rain one night but not much, getting bitten alive again, now were in the tropics!

We were driving towards a place called Sarina but we hit a massive storm, havent seen rain like it for a few months in Asia, the roads were like ponds, so we carried on to Mackay, this campsite was a dive but it will do to see the storm through then move on in the morning to Airlie Beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0796s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb