Newcastle - Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
December 9th 2008
Published: December 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We drove to Newcastle to stay with some friends (Holly, Pete and Little Matilda), the weather was rainy and non stop for most of it, but we had a great time, met some of their friends and had a BBQ. Holly did a grand tour of Newcastle by car due to the rain. We all travelled up to Nelson Bay for the day, Stu and I stayed up there and the weather was great, not a cloud in the sky (thats what we all like), we had a nice time and Matilda loved the sea and sand.

We only stayed the night and travelled to Forster, but onthe way we took the scenic route and stopped off at different places along the way. We stopped at the Largest Sand dunes in OZ called Dark Point these were pretty impressive, bright yellow sand as far as the eye can see and we caught another car ferry across the Myall River (this one we had to pay $5 a car).

We drove to Port Macquaire, this is a nice town, we had another good storm, but afterwards the skies cleared and we went for a strol around the waters front and into town. There was a group of young lads, riding their bikes off the pier into the sea, mad! We visited a Koala Hospital, they are SO cute and such a good place to visit. Again we only stayed here one night (time is going far too quick now!)

We drove to a small seaside town called Trial Bay and we visited (drove to it by mistake really) Trial Bay Gaol (Jail), which was interesting. Stopped for some lunch in Coffs Harbour and carried on to Yamba (Recommend by Petes Dad) this town is really nice, we just pulled up, set up and the heavens opened, the wind was really strong (branches and parts of caravans flying around), but straight afterwards the skies cleared and we was able to go walkabout and see the sights. We had a good spot inthe caravan park, facing the harbour (Lovely!)

We arrived in Byron Bay, had some lunch and sat onthe beach for an hour or so and enjoyed the sunshine (while it lasted!), we did an hour walk to the Lighthouse, which had some good views of the lovely white sand and clear seas!. We descided not to stay here and carried on to Surfers......


Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Dark Point SandunesDark Point Sandunes
Dark Point Sandunes

Longest Sand Dunes in OZ


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 25; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb