Just Wait and See


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Sunshine Coast
March 13th 2007
Published: March 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Just minutes after loading into our economy car at the Brisbane airport, Gene was already bitching that he had to drive with the steering wheel at one o’clock just to keep the car in alignment with the road. Our plan was to head north of the city of Brisbane toward the Sunshine Coast where beach bums pass time basking in the sun along the shore. After driving an hour and a half with our shitty windshield wipers merely smearing the raindrops across our window, we renounced any and all thoughts of spending the rest of the day at the beach.

As we drew near the town of Caloundra, the gateway to the Sunshine Coast, Gene and I agreed that its architecture and climate were similar to that of Florida. Having booked our hotel off of the recommendation of The Lonely Planet for low-cost accommodations, we were less than anxious to see what our budget destination had to offer. However, upon arriving at La Promenade, we were pleased to learn that we had internet access, a DVD player with free movie rentals, an in-room spa, and a private balcony all for the bargain price of $118 AUD. What a steal!

After settling into our room, I quickly scanned the list of available movies for late-night entertainment. Having run across Girl Interrupted, starring Angelina Jolie, my mind was quickly made up. I could seriously sit and stare at the beauty for hours on end. Gene, of course, put up no argument.

Gathering that the hotel café only serves breakfast and lunch, Gene and I ventured out in search of a cheap supper to compensate for our over-the-budget Sydney expenses. We were not surprised to learn, however, that most places did not serve dinner until after six o’ clock. Given the fact that we had already set our clocks back an hour after hitting the tarmac in Brisbane, Gene and I were not willing to wait another two hours to satiate our hunger pangs. We settled on Nando, a Portuguese chicken restaurant. I was more than satisfied with my roasted chicken breast and corn on the cob and Gene with his chicken wrap with hot sauce. $20 AUD later and we were soon on our way to the bottle shop to pick up some wine to accompany our late-night entertainment.

Two hours and two bottles later, I was determined to make my money as an actress upon our return home to the States. Gene, a bit hesitant and trying his damndest not to laugh in my face, argued that many of actresses have gone through plenty of schooling and still have not made it big. Convinced that I, too, was capable of playing Angelina Jolie’s Oscar-winning role, I told Gene that he didn’t know what he was talking about and that I was going to be the next award-winning actress. You just wait and see.


Advertisement



19th March 2007

Too early to work
It poured in Chicago last night-Maddie woke us up startled by the rain slamming on the windows. Kramer as usual freaking out. Debbie proceeded, after an attempt in our bed, to sleep with Maddie in her bed. I proceeded to lock Kramer in the lonely basement, shower at 4:00 am and proceed to work. Upon arriving, I was too freaking tired to start my Executive Summary before reading about travels with Christopher Robinson, Gene and Gina. Clothes are replaceable and pink is in. You may run into Angelina in one of the 3rd world countries you both are visiting. the question-Can Gina act? Most women without any schooling try the nudity route. DON"T DO IT GINA-Your not 20 anymore. Some start through a singing career-AGAIN NO CHANCE. I don't think you ever even played in a school play. However, my suggestion, upon your return to the states, after a year. begin waitressing to support your desire to act. Take out shot at a reality show-SURVIVOR episode 20! Now that you both have experience at.
20th March 2007

acting
Gina, Of course you can act honey, you're an attorney LOL...you can do anything. If Gusto made it into Lindsey Lohan's new flix there's hope for any of us who want to act. BTW, love the "sexy" shots Gene has been taking of you.
22nd March 2007

you should have
watched gia or foxfire girls. umm. jolie boobies!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb