Saturday 26th February 2011 - Port Douglas


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
February 26th 2011
Published: February 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Woke up to even more rain!
Diane decided to catch up on her washing and went to the sister hotel to use the laundrette
We then went into town to get a late breakfast and have another look around. We ate breakfast at the Coffee Grind on the main street. Just as we left the cafe the rain came on even heavier, we had to shelter for some time before we could move on. We did a bit of shopping and I investigated the location of a restaurant that I am thinking of visiting for dinner this evening.
We then went back to the hotel and waited for a break in the weather, that never really came. I was told that our trip to the Kuranda Scenic Railway will not happen on Sunday due to the adverse weather.

In the evening I had decided to visit a place called the Tin Hut, this is the combined services club in Port Douglas. It is in a great position at the mouth of the river/shore front and serves food and drink at really competitive prices. We got a taxi there and had an enjoyable meal. But then the rain came on even heavier again. People sitting near the edge of the decking had to move away as they were getting wet and the kitchens closed early at 19:00 instead of 20:30. We waited until the rain eased up and made our way back to the hotel via a bar that had live music.
Still raining!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb