Sunday 27th February - Port Douglas/Hamilton Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
February 26th 2011
Published: February 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Its raining again
Sunday - day of rest
We went to get our laundry dry before we move on to Hamilton Island early tomorrow morning.
We then went into town to do a little shopping and visit the Port Douglas Sunday Market, it is mainly local produce and very little as regards souvenirs etc. We have skipped breakfast and we decide to take an early lunch at the old Court House. We then got the Sunday paper, mags and some munchies and went back to the hotel for a snooze and "slob-out" and watch some TV movies.

We are getting tired of the persistent rain now. We have walked through so much water that we are starting to develop webs between our toes. With all the water about the mosquitoes are also making a comeback and we have quite a few bites, even with repellent they still bite!.
I guess it is monsoon season in the region do we sould be expected the rain, nonetheless it gets a bit tiring being constantly damp, especially when it was scorching here the week before we arrived.

We cannot be bothered going through the rain into town for dinner, so we eat at the hotel. We have the special which is pan seared Barramundi (fish), for a hotel restaurant it is really good. (I have been told that my blog contains too much on what we eat and drink and I am very conscious of this, but eating and drinking do form a significant landmarks in our day - maybe we should be more active!)
We were talking with the waitress, she was asking where our next stop is and we tell her Hamilton Island, she told us that it is raining there, which is a bit depressing. Diane is a bit concerned that we do not get adverse weather on the sailing boat around the Whitsunday Islands (and so am I).
We get packed and turn in early, a 05:50 pick-up tomorrow - SOME GOOD WEATHER PLEEEEASE!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb