Port Douglas, Reef, Daintree


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
March 18th 2007
Published: March 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Cane Toad Races
Day 8-10

We flew to Cairns (good service on Qantas, and they give you a sandwich!) and were advised Port Douglas was the place to be. We drove an hour north and pulled into our lodgings at the Nautilus Holiday Apartments. Hot an muggy, and we need a pint.

We made the short walk to Macrossan Street, the main drag of Port Douglas.

Port Douglas is a charming spot, with boutique shops and restaurants all along Macrossan. Apparently Bill Clinton and the like are partial to the place. We stopped into the Iron Bar for dinner and pints, and took our chances on the not to be missed Cane Toad Races. I also got to watch some of the footy.

Next day Sandra and Sheila got up early to watch the sunrise, Dave and I went to Macrossan for capuccino. We headed out to the Reef on Quicksilver, and after a smooth 90 minute trip arrived and their platform and snorkeled for the next few hours...not to be missed and unforgettable.

We headed back for some shopping on Macrossan, picked up some pints (Hahn Premium) and dinner from Coles, and relaxed.

Next day we
One in 400 MillionOne in 400 MillionOne in 400 Million

Dave preps his Cane Toad to take on the Kiwis and Pommies
drove up to Mossman Gorge and Daintree. Mossman was free and stunning. Daintree was very well constructed for tourists and an excellent preserve, but not as natural as Mossman. It was raining heavily so we didn't see much wildlife there.

We had pints at the rustic Central Hotel and gelatos, then packed it in. Next stop, Noosa.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb