Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa Heads
March 21st 2007
Published: March 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our View from the LookoutOur View from the LookoutOur View from the Lookout

Best spot in Noosa Heads
Day 11-13

We flew to Brisbane then drove 90 min to Noosa Heads. Girls were a little freaked out at my navigation of the countless traffic circles, but nothing that a glass of Shiraz won't cure.

We stayed at the Lookout Resort, which is fantastic. The apartment was luxurious, with a majestic view of Noosa Heads. We walked out the back and down the path to Hastings Street, and within 5 min we saw a koala bear up in the trees above the path. The Lookout is perched on top of a hill of 200+ steps up from Hastings, which is handy to work off the beer.

Hastings is a bustling street with very high end shops and cafes, and beautiful people everywhere, reminiscent of the Riviera I am told. Apparently there are more Aussie tourists there than foreigners. We headed down to the beach to watch the sunset. We picked up some wine and pints, dropped by the IGA and Coles for dinner and enjoyed the view from our suite.

Next day Dave and I headed down to Hastings for a cappucino, then the four of us hit the beach for some body surfing, then walked through Noosa National Park along the coast, where we saw surfers, lizards, and koalas. Spent the afternoon poking around Hastings, swimming in the Lookout pool. Had some pints later and dinner at the suite.

We spent the last day just exploring around, Dave and Sheila took the ferry, Sandra and I in Noosa Junction (finally found a Super 14 rugby jersey) then we met back on Hastings. Had dinner down on Hastings that evening in one of the many sidewalk cafes. Apparently Matthew Mcconaughey was nearby but we missed him.

Noosa was a nice way to wind down our trip, and had Sandra contemplating immigration. We know we have some long flights ahead of us, but we will definitely be back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Cafe on HastingsCafe on Hastings
Cafe on Hastings

A good place for people watching


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb