Noosa & The Australian Zoo - Day 42 & 43


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
April 18th 2007
Published: April 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Crikey!! Noosa is a great little beach town and a popular surf spot. Since we left our boards at home, we went to pay our respects to the late Crocodile Hunter Mr. Steve Irwin and check out his Australian Zoo which is located in the nearby town of Beerwah. It defintely did not disappoint. The philosophy of the zoo is for the guests to have contact with the animals - once you love them you want to protect them. We pretty much fed the kangaroos all day long... The crocodile show was fantastic as were all the exhibits. You have to be pretty gutsy to get in the ring with those crocs! We also got up close with a few koala bears and even fed the asian elephants. It was a great day!

Noosa was also fantastic. Cozy little beach town and you can actually get in the water down here - no stingers, yeah! We took a walk along the Noosa Heads Preserve to see some wild koalas and ended up meeting New Zealands Minister of Conservation, Chris Carter, who was taking a private tour of the park. He was a really nice guy and took a minute to chat with us. We continued our hike and just before the end we saw a Koala napping in one of the trees.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb