Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa Heads
April 1st 2009
Published: April 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Not an encouraging siteNot an encouraging siteNot an encouraging site

This was parked right in front of our hostel the day we arrive and it happens to be right in front of the room we stayed in on the first night...gross!
We were in Noosa from March 24-29th and had a pretty relaxing time. We mostly just hung out at the beach or the hostel and read some books. Our stay there started out pretty rocky though but then it got much better. The day we arrived the hostel didn't have any beds for us because they thought we weren't coming until the next day but luckily for us they had "emergency beds" which were basically tiny little cots that they rolled out onto the floor of a 14 bed dorm. So we tried to sleep in there the first night but weren't very successful because everyone was partying and decided to have a yelling match when they got back in the middle of the night. I guess it worked out alright for us in the end though because they were bitten by bed bugs and were spared because of our emergency beds. We did get to change rooms the next day though and moved into a much nicer one which was bed bug free.

While we were in Noosa, we mostly just went to the beach and read our books like I already said but we also did a few
The beachThe beachThe beach

This wasn't the main beach but was further on...it was popular with surfers
other things. We went out to the Koala bar one night which is Noosa's number one party bar - it was pretty fun but it closed at midnight which we thought was kind of weird. We also went to a second hand book store and got a couple of books each to last us the rest of the trip and we went on a cruise on the river that ran through town. While we were ont eh cruise we saw some pretty nice houses that were valued between 6 and 7 million dollars each.

One more thing about Noosa was that we ran into a girl we met while we were travelling in New Zealand. It was nice to see her again especially since we had already ran into her in Byron Bay. I guess it's a pretty small world after all.

We moved to Hervey Bay and Fraser Island on March 19th but there will be more about that in another blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



2nd April 2009

T-bone
Sister, I hope you videotaped T-bone at the Koala bar. Don't bother coming home if you didn't. We had a deal.
3rd April 2009

Your guy was a no-show. I thought you said he'd be there. What gives? Ps- what kind of number one party bar closes at midnight?!
4th April 2009

t-bone
Let me get this straight - you were in Noosa from the 24th - 29th and you only went to the bar once?
6th April 2009

Ya, that's right. No point in going more than that if it closes at midngiht.
8th April 2009

Right. What did you do the other nights you were there? Go to bed at 10?

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb